Home

Monday, July 9, 2012

My yummy square stacked egg white omelet :)



Do your attempts at omelets usually look like this?...


I am not the perfector of omelets! so over the years I have developed what works for me. Maybe you are challenged too and could use the encouragement. Omelets are a great way for me to add veggies. You can put anything in there. Today's omelet has peppers, onions, tomatoes, fresh spinach, and mushrooms sauteed in a little olive oil.


So heres my trick. I use a griddle pan. Put a little olive oil and crack on my 3 egg whites. As it cooks i form it into a long rectangle by just pushing it around.


When its time to flip. I cut into two squares. I was talking to my son and not remembering to make this too pretty today but ... oh well. it all eats the same :)


Its add a little cheese time! I prefer Monterey Jack for its ooziness but today we have cheddar.



And then start stacking....one eqq square and veggies..


then top with the cheesy square side and top with a little extra veggies...season to taste.


 with a side of 100% whole wheat toast



 and a soup mug of coffee. For my Keurig using buddies >> a little money saver...I use extra bold coffee and the large setting and then the small or medium with the same k-cup and it doesn't require more creamer but gives me an extra amount of caffeine loveliness. :)


4 comments:

  1. You are a genius! With the omelet AND the coffee! I am a Keurig owner too. ;)
    So I grew up with a step-dad who could make the most AMAZING omelets! I had no idea how special that was until he was gone and no one can make them like he could-least of all me! I will definitely try it this way! :) Thanks! ~Gina W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I love being a "genius"! I wish for you many more omelet filled days ahead to create more memories to be passed down!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific idea...why didn't I think of it!?! Looks so yummy :)
    Kim W.

    ReplyDelete